Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
PowerHome General
 PowerHome Messageboard : PowerHome General
Subject Topic: PowerHome BETA version 1.02.2.2 Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
TonyNo
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: September 14 2003 at 11:10 | IP Logged Quote TonyNo

Another one...

That pesky web text-box issue is still there! From the main web page, if you type a dim value in the text box and hit enter (not clicking the adim button), all of the devices on that house code turn off!

Back to Top View TonyNo's Profile Search for other posts by TonyNo Visit TonyNo's Homepage

TonyNo
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: September 14 2003 at 11:27 | IP Logged Quote TonyNo

Thanks for the graphic info. Those should be displayed in PH and on the web status page when they are assigned?

So far, not minimizing to the tray seems to fix the CID problem.

Back to Top View TonyNo's Profile Search for other posts by TonyNo Visit TonyNo's Homepage

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: September 14 2003 at 15:01 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Tony,

I checked it out concerning the main web page.  I remember you bringing this up before but didn't quite understand what you were talking about.  Set up a test and ran it and now see what you were talking about.  The log shows that an "All Units Off" command is being sent.  I'll look into this and see what I can do to get it fixed this time around.

Yes, the graphics will display on both the main web page and the X-10 status screen.

Argghhh!! Well, at least I know where to start looking when tracking down the problem when minimizing to the system tray.

Dave.

Back to Top View dhoward's Profile Search for other posts by dhoward Visit dhoward's Homepage

TonyNo
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: September 14 2003 at 15:42 | IP Logged Quote TonyNo

Thanks, Dave. I don't know what I did, but, the graphics finally showed up.

Hey! My database has gone from almost 18M to 5! Have you been tweaking?

Manny

Posted: September 15 2003 at 01:46 | IP Logged Quote Manny

Thanks Dave, that did it. (modification to ph_x10btn function )

Never played with a .css file before.

How do you modify the internal web pages?

So far I have I added the old index.psp as a custom web page in the web setup screen as I do not know how to make it so that my webcam comes out on the main cgi page above the device list.

Back to Top View Manny's Profile Search for other posts by Manny

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: September 15 2003 at 10:37 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Tony,

Nahhh, thats the problem with database files.  Once they grow, they don't shrink back down.  If you do a lot of logging, your database will grow.  Even if you trim your eventlog, the file size will remain the same.  Thats why Ive included a "rebuild" function in the new Database Maintenance Util.  You'll now be able to shrink and compress your database file periodically as you like.  When you "upgraded" your database, this happened automatically.

Dave.

Back to Top View dhoward's Profile Search for other posts by dhoward Visit dhoward's Homepage

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: September 15 2003 at 10:53 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Manny,

Glad to hear it worked.

CSS is pretty easy.  Just open the file in a standard text editor such as notepad.  There are a number of resources on the web describing CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) on the web.  With it, you can change the font size, style, color, position, etc.

You cant change the content of the internal sheet however other than adding up to 5 custom links on the main menu.

I think you can accomplish what you want to do using frames.  This is what I have done at my home.  Basically, I have 3 frames, the upper left is my camera, just below it are some quick buttons for camera control, and to the right of both of those is my main PowerHome screen.  To accomplish this, I have a simple HTML which contains the framesets and this is in my web directory named index.htm.  When hitting the internal web server without specifying a file, PowerHome will first check for an index.htm file, if none is found, then the internal main page is returned.  If an index.htm file exists, then that is returned instead.  The framesets are then loaded individually from this file and I have three separate web pages on one screen.

My internet connection at home is currently down.  I'll post some more details on the above when I get home.

Dave.

TonyNo
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: September 15 2003 at 19:34 | IP Logged Quote TonyNo

Dave,

I've looked at the CSS file, and there are several definitions used in the code that don't match up. Is this a beta thing?

Manny

Posted: September 16 2003 at 22:50 | IP Logged Quote Manny

Thanks once again.

The use of Frames worked well.

I found on the forum where you had explained this before, but it wouldn't work for me until  I did the made "ph-cgi/main" one of the frame src.

<html>

<head>
<title> PowerHome Control Center</title>
</head>

<frameset rows="263,*">
  <frame src= "webcam.html" scrolling="no" noresize  ><frame src= "ph-cgi/main"></frameset> 
</html>

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: September 17 2003 at 10:44 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Tony,

The other definitions are probably on other screens such as the Timed Events and Global variables.  List a couple of definitions that don't seem to match up and I'll identify where they're used.

Dave.

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: September 17 2003 at 11:01 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Manny,

Sorry I never got around to updating with what Im doing .  It looks as if you got it figured out though. 

Below is my index.htm file:

<html>
<head>
<title>Dave Howard PowerHome Control Center</title>
</head>
<frameset cols="350,*">
<frameset rows="300,*">
<frame src= "javawebcam"><frame src= "></frameset>
<frame src= ""></frameset>
</html>

Not too different from yours.   Below is a screenshot of what my webpage looks like:

Dave.

Manny

Posted: September 17 2003 at 20:54 | IP Logged Quote Manny

Here's a  anim ph.gif I made while playing w/some software.

TonyNo
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: September 17 2003 at 21:24 | IP Logged Quote TonyNo

I like it! Very cool, Manny!

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: September 18 2003 at 10:23 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Manny,

Checked out your webpage along with the picture....very nice!  Would it be safe to say that you're mainly interested in remote monitoring .

Anyways...what I did notice is that your webcam applet software actually works behind my employers firewall.  Something that my Webcam32 software does not.  I'd be very interested in knowing what webcam software are you using?

I am currently using Webcam32 which includes an applet that works fine when Im not at work.  I have had to include a button so that I can switch to a page that does image pull instead of an applet when Im at work.  Its also nice because I can request a single image, run it through some software (nconvert) to change its size and format and then serve it up via wap onto my cellphone (previously a Samsung SGH-S105, now a Nokia 3650).

Dave.

TonyNo
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: September 18 2003 at 13:47 | IP Logged Quote TonyNo

Dave, FWIW, I use WebCam2000 just fine behind a firewall.

Tony

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: September 18 2003 at 14:20 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Tony,

I remember that.  I looked at their software and it was pretty decent.  Especially since its FREE.  The only thing that I didn't see with WebCam2000 was a java applet so I wouldnt have to use image pull.  If it does indeed have one, I'd sure like to hear about it.

Dave.

TonyNo
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: September 18 2003 at 19:52 | IP Logged Quote TonyNo

Nope, no javapush. I am also now waiting for Manny's response...

I just did a streaming test with Windows Media Encoder 9, and, it worked well. The only thing is, you need to use Windows Media Player to see it.

Manny

Posted: September 18 2003 at 21:29 | IP Logged Quote Manny

Thanks Guys.

Initially Remote Monitoring was the main goal.

Ok, Showing off to my buddies was the main goal.

Later, (Smarthome Auctions and x10.com 2 for 1 deals) I put ever light in the house (outlets, inline switches, wall switches) under x10 control.

As I did not want my electric bill to go up too high (I live in California), I kept the lights off of the PowerHome web server.

I use PowerHome everyday ala 62" TV, Gyration mouse and Keyboard, Sony VAIO w/DVR (Windows XP Home). The price of PowerHome was right comparatively speaking. Plus it gave me chance to explore the technical side I usually  run away from of sql, formulas, web page editing, etc. I’m sure I’ve met the quota on bugging Dave with questions.

The web cam software I wrote in a couple of hours. Yeah right!

I use DCAM  (http://sourceforge.net/projects/dcamserver/) , as the price (Free) was hard to argue with. It’s cool that allows multiple concurrent video feeds. Plus they seem to update it frequently, compared to Dave, just kidding.

TonyNo
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: September 19 2003 at 14:01 | IP Logged Quote TonyNo

Heh! I like you already, Manny!

Checking out dcam...

Dave: Do you know of a way to get the Win XP application crash info into a usable form? I'd like to get that info to you about the crashes I've been seeing in the beta.

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: September 19 2003 at 16:49 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Alright Manny, you're officially on my blacklist now  (first chance Ive had to use the evil smile icon), he he.  I'll check out the DCAM software and see what its like .

Tony:

You're getting crashes???  Thats impossible !  Does PowerHome give you a critical error before the WinXP crash info?  If it does, that info is in the event log (if you're logging it) and sending that to me will help me out the most.  I received the WinXP application crash info a couple of times and looked at it and was unable to gleen any useful information at all.  I did get a critical error logged just before the crash and that at least got me going in the right direction.  To answer your question though, I don't know of a way to get the info in a usable form.  I remember clicking on the "view detail" button or similar and working my way down and was able to see the intimate details of what would be sent to Microsoft.   If you can, send me the PowerHome critical error info and any info you can give me concerning the circumstances that led up to the crash and I'll try to work it.

Thanks guys,

Dave.

<< Prev Page of 3 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version