Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
PowerHome General
 PowerHome Messageboard : PowerHome General
Subject Topic: PowerHome BETA version 1.02.2.2 Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
TonyNo
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: September 19 2003 at 21:31 | IP Logged Quote TonyNo

Very interesting! The DCAM docs do not mention javapush anywhere. The one line of javascript in the sample HTML (an image refresh), though, works just fine with WebCam2000!
Back to Top View TonyNo's Profile Search for other posts by TonyNo Visit TonyNo's Homepage

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: September 20 2003 at 11:40 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

I didnt see mention of javapush but I did see mention about the java applet.  But yes, the image pull javascript should work just fine with WebCam2000.  It's basically the same script that I use with WebCam32 when I can't use the applet.

Dave.

Back to Top View dhoward's Profile Search for other posts by dhoward Visit dhoward's Homepage

TonyNo
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: September 20 2003 at 16:41 | IP Logged Quote TonyNo

Dave,

Getting back to the css, many from the main page are not in the css file...

ht1r1, ht1r1c1, ht1r1c1e1, ht1r1c1e2, ht2r1, ht2r1c1, ht2r1c1e1, ht2r1c1e2, ht2r1c1e3, ht2r1c1e4, ht2r1c1e5, ht2r1c1e6, ht2r1c1e7, ht2r1c1e8, ht2r1c1e9, ht2r1c1e510, ht2r2, ht2r2c1, ht2r3, ht2r2c1, xt1r1, xt1r2, xt1ro, xt1roc1, xt1roc2, xt1roc3, xt1roc4, xt1roc5, xt1roc6, xt1roc7, xt1re, xt1rec1, xt1rec2, xt1rec3, xt1rec4, xt1rec5, xt1rec6, xt1rec7, etc.

This is not all of them. I must be missing something here...

Back to Top View TonyNo's Profile Search for other posts by TonyNo Visit TonyNo's Homepage

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: September 22 2003 at 16:06 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Tony,

I gotcha.  I thought you meant that there were classes in the css file that you couldnt find in the web pages anywhere.

Yes, there are many more classes defined than appear in the css file.  I only gave definitions down to the level to get the default look and feel that I wanted.  You can add any of the tags in the web pages to the css file and customize them to achieve a specific look and feel that you like.  Since the styles are cascading, I only defined the upper level ones.

Dave.

Back to Top View dhoward's Profile Search for other posts by dhoward Visit dhoward's Homepage

TonyNo
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: September 22 2003 at 19:38 | IP Logged Quote TonyNo

Any pointers on how to know what cascades to where? Maybe a link to an informational site? I looked a bit, but, did not find much that did any good.

TonyNo
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: September 27 2003 at 09:35 | IP Logged Quote TonyNo

Bump.

Also, are there any specific things that you need tested? Things you don't use in your installation?

I've only seen the "system volume" crashes. Everything else seems to work.

Tony

seattlechris
Groupie
Groupie

Posted: September 28 2003 at 01:05 | IP Logged Quote seattlechris

I downloaded your beta version and am switching to it.  Pretty nice. 

I did have one problem though-- the setup preferences for x10 controllers were missing after the version update and database update.  That is, the fact that x10 controller 1 was cm11, 2 was mr26, etc.  Also, the logging preferences were reset to include everything-- wasn't sure if that was intentional or not.

Back to Top View seattlechris's Profile Search for other posts by seattlechris

TonyNo
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: September 28 2003 at 12:02 | IP Logged Quote TonyNo

I now remember seeing that also. Guess I forgot I was testing a beta and needed to report that!

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: September 29 2003 at 18:13 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Tony,

Concerning CSS...my favorite site that I like to use is: http://www.htmlhelp.com/reference/css/

Pretty good references and tutorial.

Concerning things needing testing...just about everything , seriously, some of the main things I would like to see tested are the new interfaces.  Those can be really tricky sometimes and problems can be subtle.  What Ive got for the K8000 so far I would really like to see tested since I don't have an actual unit.  Tests against the PowerLinc would be nice to.  Ive got a unit, but havent had a chance to integrate it into my own setup yet.  The W800RF32 has been tested pretty well since I do use this in my setup.  It's an awesome piece of equipment and much more reliable than the MR26A.

Thanks,

Dave.

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: September 29 2003 at 18:16 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Chris and Tony,

No, the upgrade was not designed to move the info in the Control table into the pwrhome.ini file (the missing info you speak of).  I should have made mention of that but may have missed it.  When the release version is made available, I may have this automatically upgraded, but was toying with the idea of not.  Let me know if you think this would be an unnecessary burden for upgraders and I'll take the time to add it to the upgrade process .

Thanks,

Dave.

TonyNo
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: September 29 2003 at 19:21 | IP Logged Quote TonyNo

Thanks, Dave. As far as the Control table goes, since I only have one controller so far, it's not a biggy! I would think maybe others would be in a different boat.

Based on your W800RF32 comment, I think I'll go order one now...

seattlechris
Groupie
Groupie

Posted: October 02 2003 at 11:08 | IP Logged Quote seattlechris

Me too!  My new W800RF32A is on its way. 

Regarding the Control Table-- that's a judgement call on whether to automate its reconstruction during a version upgrade.  The most important thing would be to make the users aware of it when the release version comes out.  I have three controllers, but it still was just a small task to set them back up.  However, it did mean having to execute the old version, look at the com ports and other settings, and duplicate them in the new version.  If your strategy for the version upgrade will preclude running the old version, this would prevent users from seeing their old settings and they would have to think about what ports everything is hooked up to (not always obvious).

I'll report any problems I see.  I take it that  you don't want to be bogged down with reports of what does work, only with what doesn't.

Regarding the W800RF32 (and maybe this deserves a new thread if the answer is long)-- will PH have support for the extended codes used by security devices?  That is, I'd love to have a trigger for when my wireless x10 system components send RF signals, such as a sensor tripped or a FOB arming the system.  Perhaps this information is stored in the TEMP3 and TEMP4 system variables when such a command is received via the W800RF32?

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: October 02 2003 at 11:26 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Chris,

Good point on the control table.  I'll probably need to add it into the conversion because it probably will be difficult to run both the old and new versions when the release version comes out.

Report on anything you like .  What works, what doesnt work, what you'd like to see, etc.

YESS!! The W800RF32 and PowerHome has support for the extended codes.  Ive only tested it with the one security remote that I have but it works excellent.  A great way to tie PowerHome into your X-10 based security systems.  There is a new trigger in PowerHome...the "X-10 RF In Ext" trigger.  This trigger is fired whenever the W800RF32 sees an "extended" RF command.  And youre right.  TEMP3 and TEMP4 contain the extended "Unit" and "Data" respectively.

Dave.

seattlechris
Groupie
Groupie

Posted: October 02 2003 at 13:47 | IP Logged Quote seattlechris

YOU ARE DA MAN!

I'm looking forward to using those RF extended code features!
With just a little more functionality, you could advertise PH as having a home
alarm capability that works with commercial wireless X10 security devices-- door
& window sensors, IR sensors, control FOBs etc. Personally I like a stand alone
unit for that purpose and only want PH as a supplement, but others might be
interested in purchasing your program for that capability. Note that you
can trigger X10 powerhorn sirens by sending X10 wired commands, so your program
has all the capability required to replace the X10 security console (albeit with
a power outage vulnerability). I don't mind parsing the bits inside my macros,
but other less geeky users might want to see a user friendly feature to "capture" the RF sensor
codes like the X10 base unit does. You could then add built in ARM, DISARM, ALARM
macros. Anyway, just a thought.

My strategy is to use the stand alone x10 system, then use PH as a supplement-- monitoring
when the alarm is armed and disarmed, and turning lights on and off accordingly. That is,
when I leave the appropriate lights and fans and such are automatically turned off without
having to take any additional action. Also, if PH detects an occupancy IR sensor (as opposed
to an alarm IR sensor), it sends me a message on my pager and cell phone. I had to explain
to a co-worker the other day that the page I received in the middle of our conversation was
apparently the result of a cat climbing on the kitchen table (thereby triggering the occupancy
sensor). Fortunately he knew me well enough to not ask.

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: October 03 2003 at 14:09 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Chris,

Im glad you like it.  I just got some X-10 door/window sensors in last night from when X-10 had a get 3 for the price of 1 sale last week.  Looking forward to playing with them and getting them integrated.  Im not too familiar with the way the security devices work.  From what I understand, they are automatically assigned a different unit whenever you change the batteries.  I can definately see myself creating a nice macro for the less geeky users to capture the unit automatically.  Like you say...a set of PowerHome Security based macros which will allow a user to create a security system using the X-10 security devices.

Let me know how your testing goes,

Dave.

seattlechris
Groupie
Groupie

Posted: October 03 2003 at 15:36 | IP Logged Quote seattlechris

Yes, some devices switch codes with a battery change, others
have a button that forces it. An advantage of the extended code
devices is that you're almost immune to false reports, if you
insist on the right code being present. If I end up developing
any macros that would be useful for you I'll pass them along.

A few macros and a UPS would allow PH to completely replace the
DS7000 console, and provide MUCH more functionality that ordinarily
would require a much more expensive system-- variable response,
swingdoor catching, event logging, even an interface to a home
automation system. It would also be superior in that you could
avoid some of the circumnstances that require a complete reprogramming
of the console.

Heck, the more I think about it I may just dump my console and use powerhome
instead, especially if the W800RF32A has the advertised sensitivity.

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: October 03 2003 at 16:46 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Chris,

All I can say is that the range of the W800RF32A is awesome.  Much better than my MR26A.  Using my external antenna system (two antennas in the attic), I was able to reliably control the lights using an X-10 keychain remote from the center of my court.  And that was even with a dying battery.  The MR26A had dead spots with the same remote inside the house.

Dave.

seattlechris
Groupie
Groupie

Posted: October 03 2003 at 23:45 | IP Logged Quote seattlechris

One minor thing on the beta-- trying to access the online help through the help menu does not result in any action.  Clicking on the chm file from outside powerhome does work though.

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: October 07 2003 at 14:55 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Chris,

I'll look at this.  I foolishly assumed that Microsoft had been distributing the CHM OCX with their operating systems.  I'll include an install for this with the release version.

Dave.

seattlechris
Groupie
Groupie

Posted: October 10 2003 at 09:57 | IP Logged Quote seattlechris

Now that I've played with it, I agree the W800RF32A is awesome! The range is much better than an MR26a,
even one with a hacked antenna and amplifier. It's also nice to be able to monitor x10 security devices,
because I can use them as trigger conditions inside power home.

The beta seems really stable. My testing/use includes the CM11A, MR26a, and W800RF32A interfaces,
timed events, email input and SMTP email output, x10 based triggers, the x10 status screen, the powerhome status
screen, the event log, application launching and switching, and sendkeys. I run under windows 98.   All functions
seem to work perfectly. I haven't used the web page or WSH features.

Nice work, I look forward to the next release.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 3
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version