Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
PowerHome General
 PowerHome Messageboard : PowerHome General
Subject Topic: Designing CC screens on a different PC? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
martlist

Online Status: Offline
Posted: February 08 2008 at 00:49 | IP Logged Quote martlist

I have what might be a strange request.

I have Powerhome installed on a server. I do most of my programming while watching TV, etc and not siiting at the server. I have been using PC Anywhere to access the server from my laptop and it works great.

After a year my system is running great and now I want to setup my Control Center screens. I could do this using PC Anywhere too but I would rather do it on a local install on my laptop.

My question is where are the CC screens stored? Is it in the database? If I copy the server database to my laptop and install powerhome there, will I be stuck trying to keep the 2 in sync? Can I extract only the Control Center updates somehow and merge them back periodically into the server? I am constantly tweaking the server install and so don't want to worry about synching them frequently.

I assume I cannot simply point both instances of powerhome at the same database?
Back to Top View martlist's Profile Search for other posts by martlist

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: February 08 2008 at 13:14 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

If the database was located on a network share and you pointed the two different PowerHome ini files to the database, you *may* be able to connect two PowerHome installations simultaneously. Since this is the runtime version of ASA though, it may not allow this.

But...you can just make a copy of the "main" PowerHome database (pwrhome.db) for the remote PH install and then use that to design your CC screens. When you're done, you could either copy the whole database back (it works, but any changes that may have occurred in the "main" database will be lost) OR export the CC screens you designed. Just open the PH Explorer in the remote PH install and go to the CC tabs screen. Right-click the CC that you want to copy over and hit "Export" from the popup. This will creat a SQL export file that you can then copy to the "main" PH machine and import using the PH Multi-Editor in SQL mode.

HTH,

Dave.
Back to Top View dhoward's Profile Search for other posts by dhoward Visit dhoward's Homepage

martlist

Posted: February 08 2008 at 15:55 | IP Logged Quote martlist

Dave,

The export is exactly what I need. That way I can work on the design even when I am not connected such as on a plane.

Powerhome's flexibility never ceases to amaze me!
Back to Top View martlist's Profile Search for other posts by martlist

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version