Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
PowerHome General
 PowerHome Messageboard : PowerHome General
Subject Topic: Non-toggle KPL breaks trigger? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
judetf

Online Status: Offline
Posted: February 12 2008 at 10:38 | IP Logged Quote judetf

This is silly to post because I'm sure I'll figure it out by testing later today, but I tried it this morning and it didn't work the way I expected and now I'm at work and it's bugging me, so if anyone know what I did wrong it'll make my day go faster knowing...

I created a trigger to fire a macro, and have the trigger successfully set to a KPL button; the trigger is configured to respond to an Insteon Group In "On" command. It all works. But it's a one-time macro, and the KPL button was still in toggle mode, so the LED would stay on when I pressed it and I didn't want that.

I went into KPL config (for the first time) and thought that all I had to do was load the KPL and switch the button to be non-toggle on. But as soon as I did that and saved it the trigger stopped firing. Press the button and nothing. As soon as I set it back to toggle the trigger fired.

I'm sure playing with the KPL config will solve it, but if this rings someone's bell and a quick explanation of what I'm misunderstanding is offered, I would be much obliged.

Thanks
jtf
Back to Top View judetf's Profile Search for other posts by judetf

tazal

Posted: February 12 2008 at 16:05 | IP Logged Quote tazal

I think there is an issue that you can't set non-toggle on or non-toggle off remotely (insteon issue) so you have to turn the button on or off depending on if you want non-toggle on or off and then from power-home set it to non-toggle (actually non-toggle on or off, doesn't matter) and you'll be OK. If the button was off when you tried to set non-toggle on it would have actually been set to non-toggle off, hence no trigger response.
Back to Top View tazal's Profile Search for other posts by tazal

judetf

Posted: February 12 2008 at 21:23 | IP Logged Quote judetf

Well I'm not sure if that did anything or not. It's still not causing the trigger to fire. When the KPL button is in toggle mode the trigger picks up the button press perfectly. But as soon as I change to non-toggle (and I've tried both On and Off, and both with the button starting out lit and non-lit), the trigger stops "seeing" the button press.

I have it configured with an trigger type of Insteon Group In, the trigger ID is the button of the KPL, and the trigger value is On.

Is there something about the trigger type that needs to change when I switch to non-toggle?

tazal

Posted: February 12 2008 at 23:19 | IP Logged Quote tazal

Sorry about that, I ran in to the non-intelligent toggle configuration and figured I would pass it on in case that was the problem.

Take a look at this thread and see if it helps:
http://www.power-home.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1628&PN= 1
Back to Top View tazal's Profile Search for other posts by tazal

judetf

Posted: February 13 2008 at 05:32 | IP Logged Quote judetf

Hmm, so it's working now, but not the way I expected or understand.

In non-toggle mode (and it doesn't seem to make any different if it's "LED On" or "LED Off"), it will fire the trigger if I set the trigger value to "off."

That confuses me: to me I am pressing an unlit KPL button one time, which would suggest "on," and that's when the trigger should fire. So why does it only work when I set it to respond to an "off"?

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version