Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
PowerHome General
 PowerHome Messageboard : PowerHome General
Subject Topic: UDP, Remote Control, etc. Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
judetf

Online Status: Offline
Posted: February 22 2008 at 09:56 | IP Logged Quote judetf

Now that I've managed to gain basic PH functionality, I'm looking to expand my horizons. I started out with the hope of gaining complete access to PH from a remote computer (so that I can program PH while on the couch in the livingroom, even though the PH machine is in the office).

I quickly got lots in lots of stuff with which I am unfamiliar, and descriptions of downloads that aren't entirely clear. I'm sure if I searched the forums long enough I could figure out what everything "is," but it seems like an opportunity to get a thread that discusses the various bits and pieces that can enhance PH, for us newbies to learn from.

So, with that, can people comment on what exactly the various downloads _are_ and why someone might want to download them? What is a UDP listener and what goal would I be trying to accomplish that downloading this would help achieve? What should I expect from the "Plugin Sample with full Visual Basic 6 source code"?

Oh yeah, and what do I need to download so that I can gain full access to the PH application from a remote machine? ;)

If the answer to the above questions is along the lines of, "if you don't know what it is then you don't need to be downloading it," I understand and can live with that. I just don't want to be missing out on something fun because I can't tell what it is an how I might make use of it.

jtf
Back to Top View judetf's Profile Search for other posts by judetf

TonyNo
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: February 22 2008 at 13:55 | IP Logged Quote TonyNo

"if you don't know what it is then you don't need to be downloading it"

Yeah, basically! This sounds like a good topic for the wiki. I'll start it this weekend.

Quote:
what do I need to download so that I can gain full access to the PH application from a remote machine?

I suggest a remoting application as the best way for now. I use Radmin.

Back to Top View TonyNo's Profile Search for other posts by TonyNo Visit TonyNo's Homepage

TonyNo
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: February 23 2008 at 19:00 | IP Logged Quote TonyNo

A new wiki page is born!
Back to Top View TonyNo's Profile Search for other posts by TonyNo Visit TonyNo's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version