Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
PowerHome General
 PowerHome Messageboard : PowerHome General
Subject Topic: CM11A Woes Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
mustangcoupe
Super User
Super User

Online Status: Offline
Posted: February 28 2004 at 07:58 | IP Logged Quote mustangcoupe

I am having problems with my CM11A. I read somewhere that they die often.  Does anyone know if this is true?  What is everone else using maybe I will consider switching to a better unit.

HA newbie

PowerHome - UPB - ELK    
Back to Top View mustangcoupe's Profile Search for other posts by mustangcoupe Visit mustangcoupe's Homepage

TonyNo
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: February 28 2004 at 11:46 | IP Logged Quote TonyNo

I have had the same CM11A for a few years now, with no problems yet. I'm keeping an eye on it, though...
Back to Top View TonyNo's Profile Search for other posts by TonyNo Visit TonyNo's Homepage

mustangcoupe
Super User
Super User

Posted: February 28 2004 at 13:36 | IP Logged Quote mustangcoupe

I bought it in December... I had a problem in January and It went away after resettign the unti (unplugging and removing batteries...) and now it just dosnt seem to work, PowerHome tells me there is an error if I unplug it and try to run a command.  But with it plugged in and my RF receiver module TM??? plugged in the same outlet it dosn't  change state (ON/OFF) BUT it does with my keychain remote!

HA newbie

PowerHome - UPB - ELK    
Back to Top View mustangcoupe's Profile Search for other posts by mustangcoupe Visit mustangcoupe's Homepage

TonyNo
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: February 28 2004 at 15:39 | IP Logged Quote TonyNo

Hmm. Sounds like it's dead. Is there a 90-day warranty? The cheapest way I know of to get another one is to buy a starter kit for $50. You could try e-bay, too.

There was recently some discussion here about using an Ocelot that you may want to look into.

Back to Top View TonyNo's Profile Search for other posts by TonyNo Visit TonyNo's Homepage

mustangcoupe
Super User
Super User

Posted: February 28 2004 at 17:26 | IP Logged Quote mustangcoupe

I got this one off EBAY... Great price   I have to contact the seller agian. He is an authorized X10 dealer.

HA newbie

PowerHome - UPB - ELK    

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: February 28 2004 at 19:58 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Wait wait !!

This is an easy one, nothings wrongs.  You're talking about your TM751 RF transceiver with built in appliance module.  This is a well documented problem.  The built in appliance module CAN ONLY be controlled via RF.  It does not respond to powerline commands (the one sent from your CM11A).  So Im guessing that nothing is wrong with either unit.  You can read a little about this problem here: http://www.geocities.com/ido_bartana/modifying_remote_control_transce.htm#Differences between RR501 and TM751

Hope this helps,

Dave.

Back to Top View dhoward's Profile Search for other posts by dhoward Visit dhoward's Homepage

mustangcoupe
Super User
Super User

Posted: February 28 2004 at 22:44 | IP Logged Quote mustangcoupe

<------- Stupid newbie......

Yes it is fine now... But it was offered to be replaced from the guy where I bought it. I now have to write him and explain.....

HA newbie

PowerHome - UPB - ELK    

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version