Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
PowerHome General
 PowerHome Messageboard : PowerHome General
Subject Topic: Control Center Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
TonyNo
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: April 11 2004 at 11:16 | IP Logged Quote TonyNo

More questions trickling in...

Are the Overwrite/Add option buttons in the CC Design View new? I like!

Is there a way to have the Key values (and other relavent info) shown for buttons selected in the Design View? Trying to add code to manipulate the buttons seems tricky without this ability, unless I'm missing something.

Back to Top View TonyNo's Profile Search for other posts by TonyNo Visit TonyNo's Homepage

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: April 14 2004 at 14:23 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Tony,

Nope, been there for quite a few versions .

When you say key values and other relevent info, do you mean like the X,Y,WIDTH, and HEIGHT or do you mean like the hotkey to activate the button, etc?

Let me know and I'll try to add what you need,

Dave.

Back to Top View dhoward's Profile Search for other posts by dhoward Visit dhoward's Homepage

TonyNo
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: April 14 2004 at 20:35 | IP Logged Quote TonyNo

I refer to the key value to dynamically twiddle buttons on the CC...

ph_setccbtnbcolor ( tab, key, bcolor )
ph_setccbtn ( tab, key, text, x, y, width, height, fcolor, bcolor, border )
ph_setccbtntext ( tab, key, text )

Also, how are colors encoded?

Thanks!
Back to Top View TonyNo's Profile Search for other posts by TonyNo Visit TonyNo's Homepage

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: April 16 2004 at 16:27 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Tony,

I gotcha...so in the Design screen, you would like a way info box that shows a buttons key,x,y,height,width, etc.  Should be able to do it.

Colors are encoded using the following formula: Red + (256 * Green) + (65536 * Blue).  Each component can be from 0 to 255.  Check out the "rgb" formula function for more info.

Dave.

Back to Top View dhoward's Profile Search for other posts by dhoward Visit dhoward's Homepage

TonyNo
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: April 17 2004 at 07:19 | IP Logged Quote TonyNo

I think the kev value would be sufficient. What is it, anyway?

RGB formula?!

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: April 22 2004 at 10:02 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Tony,

The key value is just a sequential number to identify "IR" buttons and is part of the primary key for the "IR" table.

HTH,

Dave.

TonyNo
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: April 22 2004 at 13:23 | IP Logged Quote TonyNo

Thanks. How do these get numbered? In order of creation, location, or something else?

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: April 23 2004 at 15:10 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Tony,

Duhhhhh....I don't know what I was thinking.  Too many things going on and not paying attention I guess .

The Key value you are referring to is with the Control Center functions.  I was thinking of the Key sequence associated with IR buttons.  Now that Ive gotten myself straightened out, I think I can answer your question.

The key value used in the CC functions is an arbitrary value that is assigned during the creation of the Control Center.  It's basically a sequential number assigned to each button as the Control Center is built.  IR keys are first followed by X10 keys followed by Macro keys followed by Send Keys.  Within each group, the keys are sorted by their ID, key_number, code, and type.  As you create new keys or adjust the names, etc of existing ones, this key value will change.  In other words, you would definately not want to hardcode this value in any of your CC calls.

To work around this limitation, we have the ph_lookupcctab and ph_lookupccbtn functions.  These two functions will "on the fly" determine what the key value and tab values are for any buttons using the button identifiers that you're accustomed to.

I'll look into the existing functions to see what I can do to possibly make things easier.

Sorry for the confusion,

Dave.

TonyNo
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: April 23 2004 at 19:38 | IP Logged Quote TonyNo

Oh! Cool.

So, to change a macro button color, this is what I need?

[TEMP1] = Macro ID
ph_setccbtnbcolor ( ph_lookupcctab( 3, [TEMP1] ), ph_lookupccbtn( 3, [TEMP1], 0, 0), bcolor )

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: April 26 2004 at 09:33 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Tony,

Yep...that would do it for you.  Im going to be making some changes so that the Control Center does not actually have to be open to change the button colors.  You'll also have the option to make the changes permanent and have them reflected in the web version of the CC as well.

Dave.

TonyNo
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: April 26 2004 at 13:59 | IP Logged Quote TonyNo

Cool!

My plan was to have button colors change based on the device's current state. Also, maybe adding a blank button to act as an indicator... Maybe a new CC object type? Nah...

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version