Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
PowerHome General
 PowerHome Messageboard : PowerHome General
Subject Topic: More (same?) on KPL button status Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
judetf

Online Status: Offline
Posted: March 11 2008 at 05:35 | IP Logged Quote judetf

I understand that, to control the status of KPL buttons, I need to use PLC Groups, etc. I have used this successfully in the following scenario: I have a KPL button linked to a SwitchLinc light, and have working macros (for timed events) that turn on the SwitchLinc and then use ph_insteongroupcu to turn on the corresponding KPL button. So far, so good.

Now, for the first time, I have two KPLs where each has a button linked to control a the same Switchlinc. I have linked the buttons to each other, so that pressing either one turns on the Switchlinc _and_ turns on the button on the other KPL.

My question: does my macro now need a second ph_insteongroupcu string to turn on both KPL buttons with it turns on the light? I'm thinking the answer is 'yes,' and I know it will work if I program it that way, I just want to make sure that's the right/most elegant way to do it.

Thanks
jtf
Back to Top View judetf's Profile Search for other posts by judetf

jbbtex

Posted: March 11 2008 at 08:36 | IP Logged Quote jbbtex

I have two KPLs, each with a button that controls a LampLinc. The KPL buttons and the LampLinc are all linked to each other and to the same PLC group.

For timed events, macros, etc., I then use the insteongroup command or ph_insteongroup function which control them and keep them all synched.

PH will take care of the group cleanup if that option is selected in the Links Tab of Inseon Explorer.

I have been running this way about a month with no problems.

"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - Gen. George S. Patton
Back to Top View jbbtex's Profile Search for other posts by jbbtex

judetf

Posted: March 12 2008 at 08:05 | IP Logged Quote judetf

Works perfectly. Thanks.
Back to Top View judetf's Profile Search for other posts by judetf

Dean

Posted: March 15 2008 at 00:21 | IP Logged Quote Dean

Thanks JTF and Brady for this info. After reading these posts something finally clicked in my head and I was able to get my KPL button lights synced up when I turn lights on and off with PowerHome or with my RemoteLinc.

As a general comment, I think a section in the PowerHome Wiki on Insteon in general and KPL specifically would be a great reference/tutorial idea.
Back to Top View Dean's Profile Search for other posts by Dean

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version