Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
PowerHome General
 PowerHome Messageboard : PowerHome General
Subject Topic: Chlorine water sensor Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Gadgets

Online Status: Offline
Posted: March 11 2008 at 15:27 | IP Logged Quote Gadgets

With spring approaching (even though we are currently buried under SNOW here), our pool is on my mind.
I would like to be able to measure, or at least know when the chlorine level in the pool is below a preset level. I don't really need to know the PPM or anything. I've thought of this before, but now with PowerHome, this opens up more ideas.
I have not had success finding a sensor for this. I have seen air sensors, but not for in the water, and not that cost a fortune. I'm just wondering if anyone here has come across such a sensor.

funbobbybaby69
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Posted: June 26 2008 at 16:16 | IP Logged Quote funbobbybaby69

Great idea! but holly crap they are expensive!
Here are a few that i have found.
This one is the cheapest i have found and looks like it would work.

http://www.hammacher.com/publish/74131.asp?promo=new_items&c m_ven=CJ&cm_pla=1781363&cm_ite=Hammacher+Schlemmer&cm_cat=15 11450

Not sure how you could hook that up to PowerHome... i guess if it had a speaker/buzzer you could hook that up to a PLM/EZIO and when it buzzes or alamrs you could get PH to send you a text message or TTS to anounce it when you get home from work say 10 minutes after the garage door open/closes. "Welcome home; its 22oC; the pool needs chlorine" Now that would be cool! I think my wife leave me if the house started talking to her and telling her what to do.... LOL!!

or
http://www.chemtrac.com/products/cra3500/detail.htm

This idea should go into the "Fun Ideas" forum. I want to do something like this but for kids. I just found out im going to be a dad and we just put a pool in last year. I want some sort of sensor in the pool that if someone/something falls into the pool that an alarm goes off or a text message sent to my phone so i can hop online and view my outside cameras to see what it is.

Rob

Back to Top View funbobbybaby69's Profile Search for other posts by funbobbybaby69

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version