Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
PowerHome General
 PowerHome Messageboard : PowerHome General
Subject Topic: Transferring PH to another computer Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
tahnok100

Online Status: Offline
Posted: January 14 2004 at 18:35 | IP Logged Quote tahnok100

I started trying PH on my main computer and had set up quite a bit just from playing with the software. My question is, is there any way to transfer my set up from my main computer onto my automation computer? I mainly want to transfer everything under the "voice" tab in the Explorer and the training for my voice (I really don't want to have to read that again).

Back to Top View tahnok100's Profile Search for other posts by tahnok100

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: January 14 2004 at 19:59 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Yes,

All of the settings for PowerHome are contained within two files...the database file (pwrhome.db) and the INI file (pwrhome.ini).  Install PowerHome on the new computer and then copy these two files from the old machine, overwriting the existing files.

To the best of my knowledge, you cant transfer the training for the Voice recognition.  The VR uses Microsoft SAPI 4.0a and as such, Im not familiar with the file structure that Microsoft uses to store the training.  Everything PowerHome though will be in the above two files including the grammars under the voice tab in the Explorer.

Hope this Helps,

Dave.

Back to Top View dhoward's Profile Search for other posts by dhoward Visit dhoward's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version