Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
PowerHome General
 PowerHome Messageboard : PowerHome General
Subject Topic: Control Center and Mystery Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
rmackay
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Posted: February 16 2004 at 23:28 | IP Logged Quote rmackay

Mystery first...

I have my PH and WF80032 (with ext ant) setup and working great. Recently, my front yard motion sensor no longer makes contact with PH. I tried replacing the batteries - even though the red light would still flicker when motion was sensed. So, I then replaced the sensor with a brand new one and new batteries. Still no go... but the old sensor - when brought into the house, triggered PH just fine. What could be going on that my Signal is no longer reaching the antenna from outside the house (only about 30 feet away)?

Control Center - I am now ready to use a bit more of PH. I thought I would try using the CC and having it display the status (closed or open). How do I make things appear on the CC and how do I alter their colors or text via macros?

Thank  you,

Robert

Back to Top View rmackay's Profile Search for other posts by rmackay

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: February 17 2004 at 10:02 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Robert,

It doesnt sound like the motion sensor is having problem...has anything changed "line of sight" between the motion sensor and the antenna (new furniture, electronic devices, etc.)?  It sounds as if something is just interfering with the reception.  I would take the extra unattached motion sensor and try various positions around where you want it placed to try and isolate if something is interfering or if its just out of range.  Of course, 30 feet should be well in range of the W800RF32 so I would tend to think that something is in the way "absorbing" your signal.

Control Center - the first step is to create some Tabs in the PowerHome Explorer.  Its right beneath "Setup".  Any tabs you would like visible in the Control Center MUST have a tab order greater than 0.  Once you've got some tabs, go to the Macro (or X-10 detail, IR equipment, Send Keys) and select the tab that you would like the button to appear on.  Save and close / repopen the Control Center.  The tab and buttons should now be visible.  To size, position, color, etc the buttons, right click the Control Center tab and select "Open Design View".  You'll be able to make your changes there.  Save, and once again close/repopen the Control Center to see your changes.

The current version does not allow you to "on the fly" change the anything appearance wise in the Control Center....however, the next release (Im just working on the manual) will include functions enabling you to do this.

Dave.

Back to Top View dhoward's Profile Search for other posts by dhoward Visit dhoward's Homepage

rmackay
Groupie
Groupie

Posted: February 27 2004 at 13:54 | IP Logged Quote rmackay

Hi Dave,

I just took a quick peek at the Users Manual for 1.03.2 and did not see any references to being able to control the appearance/color/whatever of a button on the Control Center, via macros or formulas. Did I miss it somewhere?

Thank you,

Robert

Back to Top View rmackay's Profile Search for other posts by rmackay

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: February 27 2004 at 15:33 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Robert,

Yeah....the manual still isn't anything close to what I want it to be.

Anyways...the info you're looking for can be found in the help file from within PowerHome.  Its under Formulas->Functions->Control Center.

Hope this helps,

Dave.

Back to Top View dhoward's Profile Search for other posts by dhoward Visit dhoward's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version