Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
PowerHome General
 PowerHome Messageboard : PowerHome General
Subject Topic: powerhome with leopard Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
edr1

Online Status: Offline
Posted: March 09 2004 at 09:46 | IP Logged Quote edr1

Hello Everyone,

This is my first post.

I am currently using powerhome 30 day trial.

I like the ability to use a bmp for tab backgrounds.

What i would like to do is build a tab like a leopard screen.

Is there a way to display bobat data(temp, light) on a tab?

Would also like x10 feedback on same tab, icon changes colors on x10 changes.

I am very happy with applied digital leopard and bobcat modules,

however screen is a little small.

Have looked at Misterhouse,Homeseer, and some others.

Powerhome looks like my best bet for gui.

Thanks in advance for any help.

ed

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: March 09 2004 at 14:38 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Ed,

Welcome to the PowerHome forums.

There is no way currently to display X-10 data on a tab at the moment (well, no easy way).  The last version includes a number of functions for the Control Center that will allow a user to change a buttons border, text, color, etc. but it's not automated.  These changes are not permanent to the database either and won't be reflected on the web version of the Control Center.

However, this will all be changing soon.  Development is currently under way to expand the type of controls that can be placed upon the Control Center as well as synchronize between the client and web.  Im also working to link some of these visual references directly to events so it won't be such a manual process.

Now if you really feel adventuresome, you can programmatically do just about anything you want.  For example, I can use the following formula to create a text area on the first Control Center tab that reflects the current level of the X-10 device at K3:

ph_ccmodify(1,"create text(band=detail alignment='2' pointer='arrow!' text='Lamp Level: " + string(ph_getx10level("K",3)) + "' border='2' color='255' x='1200' y='140' height='70' width='400' name=st_X10_K3 font.face='Arial' font.height='-8' font.weight='400' font.family='2' font.pitch='2' font.charset='0' background.mode='2' background.color='12632256')")

Now as the level is changed, this would not be updated and you would have to create a trigger to modify this level.  Also, this change is not permanent and is lost as soon as the Control Center is closed and reopened.

The above example just demonstrates what is possible and is probably more than you were bargaining for.  However, if you are interested in pursuing programmatic changes to the Control Center, I can expand upon it some more.

Stay tuned for more changes and enhancements coming to a Control Center near you .  In the near future, we should have controls that reflect the functionality you're interested in.

Dave.

Back to Top View dhoward's Profile Search for other posts by dhoward Visit dhoward's Homepage

edr1

Posted: March 10 2004 at 07:16 | IP Logged Quote edr1

Thanks Dave,

I will Try this on the weekend to get the feel for it.

I will let you know how i make out.

Ed

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version