Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
PowerHome General
 PowerHome Messageboard : PowerHome General
Subject Topic: documentation/questions Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
npavkov
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Posted: April 09 2004 at 20:41 | IP Logged Quote npavkov

Hi Dave, I got the new version as you promised, seems to be ok so far... Thanks

I have a couple of questions..... Do you have any documentation describing the possible settings in the INI file for powerhome??? Also in the documentation you show the x10stats screen that has little icons on the left of each device status line.... How do I get the icons to appear as shown in docs??? 

Also in the new "minimize to task bar description, you say that the powerhome icon gets disabled..... How would I access powerhome under those conditions????

Back to Top View npavkov's Profile Search for other posts by npavkov

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: April 09 2004 at 21:56 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Nick,

Glad to hears it's working for you so far.

At this time, only portions of the INI file are documented.  Most of the settings are handled in the Setup section of the PowerHome Explorer and the settings are documented in the appropriate section of the manual.  A lot of the other settings that are controller specific are documented in the manual in the Appendices.  Some of the newer controllers have not been documented yet as well as some of the newer settings.  Some settings such as the toolbar and frame settings would not typically be changed manually or through the Explorer and are automatically maintained in the system.  I plan to catch up on this soon and build appropriate screens in the Explorer to maintain all relevant settings for the INI file.  In the meantime, if there is a setting that you can't seem to find info for, just drop a note here and I'll tell you all about it.

The X10 Status screen gets the little icons from the X10 Types table.  In the PowerHome Explorer, navigate to X-10 -> Types maintenance screen and the rightmost 3 fields allows you to choose a graphic for each X-10 state and each X-10 type.  Once you've made your changes and reinitialized, you'll see the icons.  Keep in mind that you have an X-10 Status screen in both the client and the web.  If you want the icons to appear in the web as well as the client, be sure that the graphics you select are in the webserver directory or a directory beneath it.

When PowerHome is minimized to the System tray, the tray icon is disabled only if PowerHome is in "Kiosk" mode (ph_setmode(1 or 2 or 3)).  Normally when you are in Kiosk mode, you can't minimize PowerHome except with the ph_windowstate function.  To achieve the functionality you would like, you would execute a formula such as: ph_setmode(1) + ph_windowstate(1).  PowerHome will first change to Kiosk mode and then be minimized.  If you have the INI parameter MINIMIZETOSYSTEMTRAY = YES, then you will not be able restore PowerHome by rightclicking or doubleclicking the system tray icon.  To get PowerHome unminimized, you would need to execute a ph_windowstate(2) function.  Now you may be asking "how do I do this if PowerHome is minimized?".  You could do it through the webserver if you have it active, or you could execute it in response to a trigger...say from an X-10 keypad remote.  In this way, your son wouldn't be able to shut down or tamper with PowerHome unless you allowed him to do so with your remote.

Hope this helps,

Dave.

Back to Top View dhoward's Profile Search for other posts by dhoward Visit dhoward's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version