Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
PowerHome General
 PowerHome Messageboard : PowerHome General
Subject Topic: Latest News Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: August 21 2004 at 15:15 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Hello Everyone!!

Just a little note to let everyone know what has been going on...

Last weekend, hurricane Charley hit us pretty hard (Central Florida) and caused some moderate damage to the house (roof, chimney, fence, and trees). We were without power from Friday night until Tuesday as well. As such, I havent had a chance to do any work on PowerHome or check any messages.

If anybody has sent me any messages that I have not answered, let me apologize and ask that you please send them again.

Things are slowly getting back to normal and I expect to be back to work soon.

Dave.
Back to Top View dhoward's Profile Search for other posts by dhoward Visit dhoward's Homepage

vintagewine39

Posted: August 26 2004 at 07:53 | IP Logged Quote vintagewine39

Howard,

Thanks for taking the time to get back to us, but I think now is a time to take care of your family and home.

I hope everyone in your family is safe and that the damage was NOT too extensive. I know what you're going through, my parents had just moved to Florida two weeks before Andrew hit in 91. They lost the entire house.

Once things get more back to normal, perhaps you can give us an update on the status of the next release. I'm dying to try out the USB-UIRT functionality. I received mine a couple of weeks ago.

Take care.

Gil

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: September 02 2004 at 17:21 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Gil,

Well Ive just about got things back to normal after Charley (chimney is nearly finished...at least water doesnt come in. Claim adjustor has come out and Im getting a new roof, new fence, and some other minor repairs). But now Im faced with hurricane Frances

So in any event, I'll soon be without power and internet and will have to see what Frances leaves me with.

The good news is, the next version is nearly done. Im not going to take the time to fully update the manuals before releasing it so it'll be coming out as a beta (the code is solid and complete...the manuals just won't be completely up to date). This way I can get it out faster as I know several people are waiting on the USB-UIRT functionality.

Im better prepared for this storm even though its bigger (generator, plenty of gas, etc), so Im expecting to be back working on PowerHome on Monday with the next release planned for next Thursday (really...I'll do my best to get it out by then

Dave.
Back to Top View dhoward's Profile Search for other posts by dhoward Visit dhoward's Homepage

TonyNo
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: September 02 2004 at 18:53 | IP Logged Quote TonyNo

Good luck, Dave! See you on the other side.
Back to Top View TonyNo's Profile Search for other posts by TonyNo Visit TonyNo's Homepage

vintagewine39

Posted: September 07 2004 at 07:35 | IP Logged Quote vintagewine39

Dave,

Thanks for the update on the next release of PowerHome. I'm glad everything is going well for you after Charley. I just picked up your response back to me as I was in Miami visiting my family for Labor Day. I was there one day when the warnings on Frances started. So, I ended up helping my family put up storm shutters. That evening I was informed that Ft. Lauderdale and Miami would be closing down their airports, so I just rented a car and drove back to Chicago. Everything went fine except it took three hours to find gas in Orlando. At 3:00am, its the last thing you want to happen to you.

Well, most of my family weathered the storm fine, just some wind and water damage. I hope you faired better this time with Frances.

Take care,

Gil

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: September 20 2004 at 18:42 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Gil,

Just in case you didnt notice, beta 1.03.4.1 is out (so much for next Thursday ). Check out the USB-Uirt functionality and let me know what you think. Just be sure you dont miss the instructions for upgrading from previous versions.

Dave.

Wayne

Posted: September 21 2004 at 00:42 | IP Logged Quote Wayne

Dave, I am a complete novice at this kind of stuff and was kind of apprehension about getting my USB-UIRT working with Powerhome, but after a little trial and error I can now control my Bose Wave radio using Dragon NaturallySpeaking.
I could not figure out the "auto learn" so I recorded each command separately.
So, let's say I assign 20 buttons to a device. When I do the auto learn do I press one button on the remote-control? How does it know what command to assign each button? Does it learn all the buttons at once?
Anyway, I am stoked!
Thanks for a great product.
Back to Top View Wayne's Profile Search for other posts by Wayne

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: September 21 2004 at 10:06 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Wayne,

Im glad the USB-Uirt is working for you and didnt have too much trouble figuring it out. I agree, adding Infrared control adds a whole new dimension to automation.

The autolearn is fairly simple. After you've defined your buttons (in your case 20 of them), go ahead and save your work. Then right-click and select autolearn. A window will come up prompting you to press each of the buttons in sequence (it will prompt by name). When it has successfully learned the IR code, it will automatically prompt for the next button. Essentially, it's just a quick way to learn all the codes with minimal clicking or computer interaction.

Let me know how it goes and if theres anything I can do to help.

Dave.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version