Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
PowerHome General
 PowerHome Messageboard : PowerHome General
Subject Topic: redrat3 Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
johnsde

Online Status: Offline
Posted: May 14 2004 at 14:38 | IP Logged Quote johnsde

Can redrart3 be used as ir input for triggering. I've tried without success but have not given it too  much effert yet.

johnsde

Back to Top View johnsde's Profile Search for other posts by johnsde

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: May 14 2004 at 15:59 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

John,

Absolutely!!

Ive copied and pasted some info below from another post.  Basically, you'll have to make some changes to your pwrhome.ini file (it defaults to not allowing it) and might have to relearn the codes you're interested in.

You'll also want to check out the RedRat3 section in the pwrhome.ini file.  The default settings are:

[RedRat3]
SaveDecodeInfo=yes
EnableRC=no
SaveSignalType=0
LengthMeasurementDelta=200
ModFreqPeriodsToMeasure=2
EndOfSignalTimeout=150

The "SaveDecodeInfo" setting determines whether PowerHome saves an incoming IR remote control string when a code is learned.  If you want PowerHome to fire triggers when IR is received, you'll need to have this turned on and relearn any IR codes.

The "EnableRC" parameter determines whether PowerHome will listen for incoming IR signals from the RedRat3 and will fire an appropriate trigger if a match is found.  If you're not using this feature, then you should leave it off since the rr3 could generate a lot of signals in response to noise (flourescents, sunlight, etc.)

The "SaveSignalType" parameter determines the format PowerHome will save learned IR signals from the rr3.  A '0' value will cause PowerHome to save the signal in the native rr3 XML format.  This would be the most compatible.  A value of '1' will have PowerHome save the code in Pronto format.  A value of '2' will have PowerHome save the learned IR in the original RedRat2 format.

The remaining three parameters deal with the rr3 directly and an explanation of their purpose can best be found in the rr3 SDK documentation.  My defaults are different from the rr3 defaults and seem to be what worked best during experimentation using a number of remotes that I have at my disposal.

As you may have found out by now, I added extra code to PowerHome to enable the rr3 to play and save original RR2 codes.  In addition, I allowed for the playing and saving of Pronto style codes so you can go to places like remotecentral.com and just download codes without having to learn them.

Let me know if you still need help,

Dave.

Back to Top View dhoward's Profile Search for other posts by dhoward Visit dhoward's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version